Quick note for those that may have tried to look at my training plan and couldn't. I think I have fixed the link and you should be able to see it now.
Well yesterday was the big 3-0, and I came out with no more wrinkles or grey hairs than when I was 29. I was spoiled to death with birthday wishes via facebook, email, online forums, and of course the family phone calls. My big sister sent me the journal I would need to document the new decade. Then Chris sent some wonderful flowers to work, and then topped it off with two books from my list below, the Dreamgirls soundtrack that went with the big gift which was tickets to the Broadway production of Dreamgirls (we are going next month). It was a fabulous day and I felt so blessed.
Now that 30 is here it's time I make sure I keep up with my list for the next year. So just in case you missed it the first time around here it is.
30 Goals in Celebration of Turning 30.
Rules: Each item listed must be completed and/or accomplished no later than midnight on 01/13/2011. For each goal reached I will post a review of the accomplishment on my blog.
1. Complete the 100 Push Up Challenge (actually do the final 100 push up routine since I have just started this challenge this week).
2. Begin and routinely do the 100 Pull Up Challenge (can’t even do one right now, so I need the 100 push ups to help me get too 100 pull ups).
3. Run a race with a friend(s) (actually run with the friend(s) just for fun. Racing for time, all the time can take the fun out of running. I want to love all of running, and that includes races).
4. Run a race with Chris (he may have to slow down a tad for me, but maybe by the fall I'll have gotten fast enough to make it above a jog).
5. Run a sub 2 hour half marathon (ran 2:08 this fall, and I know I can break 2 hours but by how much is the unknown)
6. Run a sub 24 minute 5k (eke that is going to be hard, but I'm hoping putting int the mileage will get me there).
7. Run a 10k (this is double the pain of a 5k, and that does not sound like fun at all).
8. Run 150 miles in one month (this just sounded like a good number; I should take a bet on how long it will take for me to get there).
9. Run 1200 miles in one year (again pulled this out of the air. Not sure with my training mileage if it will be possible. Guess I will see.)
10. Do Ab Ripper X routinely (I hate ab work, and never stick with it)
11. Get a promotion at work (sounds lofty, but I'm hoping a little focus and hard work will show enough to get this done)
12. Get a raise at work (goes with goal 11).
13. Learn to grill (I am not a cook, and grilling should not be just a mans job).
14. Cook dinner at least once a month (something different each month, again I am not the cook in the house).
15. Learn to make a signature desert (Chocolate-Whip-Berry Cake a.k.a Heaven Cake).
16. Read- To Kill a Mockingbird (nope never did read it in school).
17. Read- Catcher in the Rye (another classic that I never was asked to read)
18. Read- The Time Travelers Wife (now this one is a pure pleasure read, I have heard great things)
19. Watch- Casablanca (again another classic I want to be able to say I have seen)
20. Watch-Citizen Kane (and another classic, I feel like I have been missing something over the past 30 years).
21. Watch the TV series X Files (My love of the new show Fringe has me excited about this one).
22. Write in a journal (at least once every few weeks. I've said I was going to do this again for years, but never do. I'm hoping to recount my life story, kind of like the "I’ve been everywhere man" song).
23. Keep the Honaker Blog up-to-date (I failed at this before, so a great challenge over the next year).
24. Hike (walk or run) the 10 miles of Grandma Gatewood Trail - Old Man's Cave to Ash Cave (we did this foolishly almost 5 years ago and I thought I would die. It would be a blast to go back and do it again. This time enjoying the whole thing).
25. Travel to a state I have never visited before (I've got one on my list I should be going to in April).
26. Go to the Renaissance Festival (sounds silly, but I have a bad habit of saying "oh I want to go to that", and then never going. I have been thinking about going as an adult ever since I went to one when I lived in Sarasota Florida. It was in school and I was all dressed up in a big old dress (we were told to dress up). I'm going this year I swear).
27. Host a “family” get together at our house (Ok now I am sure this one has you saying "what?". It seems to be not such an easy thing to get visitors to our house. I am still clueless on how this goal will be accomplished, but I have the dream of a cook out, with family talking and having fun, ummmmm does this only happen in the movies?).
28. Have date night with hubby once a month (We were doing well for a few months, but then stuff happens. I think our definition of date night needs to be looked at, and included activities that don't always cost money. Hoping to find more creative ideas).
29. Paint, and decorate our master bedroom (bonus points for the hallways and extra bathroom. Going on our third year without working on these last remaining rooms in our house).
30. The final goal …………………………………Drum roll please…………………………………………………………………………………………………train………………and……………………run………all 26.2 miles………………of the 2010 Chicago Marathon!!!!!!
WordPress Resources at SiteGround - WordPress is an award-winning web software, used by millions of webmasters worldwide for building their website or blog. SiteGround is proud to host this p...
2 months ago