Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Let the 30th Games Begin........2010 Spring Half Marathon Training Plan (should be working now)



A very quick drive-by update for all my readers. Yesterday I was gifted an early present when my new spring training plan for Capital City Half Marathon was sent to me. The plan tops off at 41 miles, and was developed with two up weeks (as far as mileage) before a down week. However, my down weeks are high intensity training. At first glance I questioned my sanity for actually asking someone to do this for me. Then runner friend said something very profound...."Take one week at a time, never look forward. When the time comes you will be ready". No words could have ever been truer.

So here it is my training plan. I have the next few weeks of just some mileage before the fun begins at the end of the month. I think I will take that to heart and forget any grand idea for some killer workout (I think I have enough killer workouts to come). I hope this is working now:


http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvgTcaYoUN0tdGVNUV8zaVV0Ump3S1EtZEpjWFNHZmc&hl=e
n

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I couldn't pull it up, but I have a question for you -
Are you nuts? 40+ mile weeks for a half. Girl, you are an animal and I can't wait to see the runner you've become since your last half! :) So proud of you!

Stevi N. Honaker said...

Colleen-
I think it's fixed now, but up 40 is right. It really is to help me transition into marathon training after the half without having to do more building.

Coming from the Irondiva this means so much, but lets see how this year goes first.

:-)