Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ohhh That Hurt!

Yesterday was the first time, in a long time I was really in pain after running. I certainly gained a new appreciation for people that run off-road/trail races. My leggies were just all ache (it even woke me up), and into the day on Monday. I was going to do 4 recovery miles, but my right leg was in so much pain I decided to move it to today.

So yesterday I did some hip hikers, balance on a pillow (cheaper than paying for the disc thingy), lunges, and other strength moves. I then spent a good 15 minutes with "The Stick" rolling my legs out. They are feeling 80% better today, and I hope to get in those 4 slow recovery miles on the treadmill. Chris was much tougher than me and got 6 miles in yesterday after work. He said it was a fairly painful run (this is coming from the guy that rarely feels injured).

This week's focus will be to just get the miles in, and add a few strides after one or two of my runs. I have another race in a week and then a 4 miler the following week. That's three races in one month, which is a first for me.

My miles for this week should get me back to pre-half marathon mileage peak:
Mon-Rest
Tue-4
Wed-5
Thurs-4
Fri-Rest
Sat-10
Sun-3
Total-26

On a different note I am on the hunt for a new pair of running shoes. I am going to keep using my Nike Vomero 4's, but with my mileage I'll go through them every 3-4 months. They aren't cheap, and it would be better if I could rotate in a cheaper pair of shoes (and lighter) for some of my lower mileage days. The owner of our running store (Columbus Running Company) is on the hunt for a 7.5 Muzino Wave Rider for me right now (I guess 7.5 size is popular). I'm looking forward to having a lighter shoe to run in. Although I LOVE my Power Pink Vomero's, they can feel heavy at times.

On a non-running note, I was super excited to get a package from Estee Lauder yesterday. I LOVE free gift time, I always try to pick up my make-up staples when a free gift is being offered. I hit the jack-pot this time. I got a full size face and eye cream, advance night recovery, full compact of ten eye shadow shades, and much more. On top of that I also got two free samples of more face creams. I will never have to buy the full size stuff if I keep this up.

That's all for now....
Stevi

2 comments:

Aron said...

hope your legs are feeling better soon!!! i still havent done a trail run yet and i really want to but am waiting until after marathon training for this reason :)

Stevi N. Honaker said...

Aron-
It took a few days, but they are much better than earlier this week.

I actually got a great 10 mile run in this morning with my running store. So happy to be doing a double digit run.